Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow Canyon "Lorax" hike



Red Mountain Elementary is celebrating reading. Tonight we went on a hike in Snow Canyon, that was based on Dr. Suess' book 'The Lorax'. Joely, Taran and I did the hike tonight and had a blast. It was a little chilly, but no one complained. The best part was the fact that they told us to bring a flash light because the hike went until after dark. As we were hiking and it was getting darker I started thinking, I hope the flashlight I packed is actually working, I probably should have checked that out first. Needless to say when we went to turn it on, it was the weakest faintest light I think any flashlight could possibly be...oops. Luckily we did fine with everyone elses flash lights. I'll try to think ahead next time.

1 comment:

Adam and Robyn said...

Hey we went on the hike too. We went Wednesday, when did you go? It was actually really fun I thought the guide did a great job! Did you take your kids to sand hollow? We did last year and it was nuts-Adam and I sat there for two hours on opposite sides of the pool just counting heads. This year we bribbed them with Pirate Islands Pizza instead, which is double nice for me cuz' then I don't have to cook dinner.