Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Disneyland






We surprised out kids with a trip to Disneyland over spring break, our first family trip to Disneyland!!! We were so excited to break the surprise to them, we had it all planned out, Emily was meeting us in St. George to get Kyler at 7:30am. We told the kids she would have him for the day so that we could do whatever we wanted, and we asked them for ideas. They loaded us with ideas, and we said those all sound great but we were thinking of going to Disneyland. This would be where we thought the kids would be super excited, but there was hardly any reaction. Joel and I looked at each other like 'that was not what we expected'. We told them we were really going to Disneyland again, and finally they said no we're not, we didn't even pack anything. So then I gave them their surprise bags and told them everything was packed, they were still hesitant...It took about 15 minutes of convincing that we really were going to Disneyland!

Day 1: We went to the beach it was cold, and of course the kids got soaked, and found lots of sea shells.

Day 2: Early up for Disneyland! The park closed at midnight, and we stayed until closing. There was SO much walking involved but we hit most of Disneyland and a lot of California Adventure, it was great. The kids even went on Tower of Terror at California Adventure (So did I-which was STUPID. There were warning signs everywhere about not going if you were pregnant, but I figured screw it, and later had a lot of contractions....oops)

Day 3: Another full day of Disneyland, and man were my legs tired. I swear if we had got a three day pass and the next day I knew I had to walk all day I think I would have started crying!

Favorite rides: Everyone: Splash Mountain (especially the first time we went, Joel sat in front, he was worried about getting wet. He DID NOT want to get soaked, I assured him that most people dont get wet...well he got SOAKED, it was the best)and Pirates
Taran: Astro Blasters
Joely: Indianna Jones and Soaring over California
Mom: The bugs life 3-D movie: complete with a stinky stink bug and bubbles tat come from the roof.
Dad: Space Mountain and Star Tours

Worst Ride: Taran told us if we took him on Tower of Terror again he would just wait in the motel :)

We had so much fun and all I can say is I can't wait to go back again. I could easily go every year!!!

1 comment:

Adam and Robyn said...

Looks like soooo much fun! Well, at least I'm not the only Disney Freak anymore...yeah!