Monday, April 6, 2009

What a weekend

We just returned from a trip over the weekend to SLC. Right before leaving my nephew and his wife had their first baby.. Jade Marilee Sherrett. She had to go instantly to the NICU and I was headed to SLC, so I wasn't able to see her until Sunday, when they kindly met me at McDonalds in Beaver (me heading home and them heading up to American Fork) So I was able to see her, she was so beautiful...but I forgot my camera.

Friday Joels sister Juli got married to Ryan Herzog. It was a beautiful wedding and reception, I still can't believe I forgot my camera!!

We stayed in Joels apartment in SLC over the weekend and watched conference. It was so nice and relaxing, I love that Joel has an apartment now, it just makes visiting so much nicer!

Sunday after the first session of conference Joel found out he had to go to Reno, so I went to Marg's house to visit her and the kids before heading home, and mom was staying there for the weekend. Kelly was recently bitten by a brown recluse spider and had been in the hospital for the last week and a half, the venom had gone into his bone. So, they had put a pic line in to administer meds at home for the next 6 weeks. I was there when he was supposed to do his daily meds, half way through his med dose he said he felt like his heart was going to explode, then he turned white and fell to the ground. I called 911 and the paramedics quickly came. It was such a crazy experience. Anyhow, today they went to the hospital to get tests done on what happened yesterday and the tests confirmed that his heart actually stopped!

What an adventurous weekend! We did have a lot of fun being able to see so much family and we hope that Kelly does better!

No comments: