Friday, April 10, 2009

School Easter Parties

Is it even worth blogging about the Easter parties when I forgot my camera...the answer is YES if it started out like my day did....

Yesterday I was just feeling poopy, so I decided to go to Lins and buy some frosted sugar cookies and Capri Suns for both classes treats. I left these in the car last night (no sense walking them into the house then right back out in the morning) This morning I got to the school and unloaded the hoard of kids that I brought to school, Joely went to grab the bags of cookies to carry them into the school, and the bag broke! Cookies went everywhere in the parking lot. I stood shocked, and like the crappy mom that I am started to get mad at Joely, before realizing it was the bag that broke. (Even if it wasn't the bag that broke, it wasn't Joelys fault, but I was lacking on sleep!) So feeling stressed out, I sent Joely into the school with Taran and told her to tell Mrs. Cornwall (Tarans teacher) I had to run to Lins and get more cookies. I drive to Lins feeling like this must be the crappiest start to any morning. When I finally get to Lins I realize my purse is back at home....You've got to be kidding! So I head back out to Ivins, then back to Lins. Now I am feeling very close to a mental breakdown, the kindergarten parties would have started and I am the room mother, does it get any worse then that? Well when I am almost to Lins, Kyler informs me that he has pooped...Great! So I mentally note to buy wipes at Lins also. I go into Lins get my over priced cookies again, grab the wet wipes and go to check out. The cashier makes the same old comment they all do and says something like 'how are you doing?' or something similar to that, well that was the straw that broke the camels back...and right there in the middle of Lins I start bawling! No, not a simple little tear that creeps out of my eye, no I full on loose it! Im sure the cashier was like wow I say that to everyone and THAT never happens. I tell the lady it just been a crappy day, I grab my cookies and leave. As I am heading to the school, I made the speech up in my head that basically would be me saying sorry to leave you like this but I cant help out today. BUT, I got to the school and realized I had better go in and help out with some great parties and quite feeling sorry for myself. And that's just what I did, the parties went great, I didn't cry again. I had a great day, but I hope to avoid that Lins cashiers line for a LONG time!

Happy Easter
At least you know your Easter weekend is going to start out better then mine! :)

3 comments:

Adam and Robyn said...

Kris, so sorry. You should have called (when you were done with your parties) we could have went out and got ice cream and ate it right out of the carton. I'm glad your day got better and hope you have a great Easter! But just remember if you ever have a bad day I love eating ice cream out of the carton any ole' time!

Kathy said...

I am glad you survived this day! I hate when stuff like this happens. Great recovery, though.

Kenz said...

Dito to Robyn for sure!!! But let's do Golden Spoon instead because then we won't feel so bad after eating all the ice cream we need to come back from a day like that! I sure do miss you, call me sometime and let's just hang out.