Tuesday, November 18, 2008

3 books in three days...book review

I just got done reading a series and I couldn't find pictures of the books to add to my bookshelf on the sidebar, so I figured I would do a book review. I just read First Love and Forever, First Love Second Chance, and Now and Forever. They were all written by Anita Stansfield whom is an LDS author. Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I am NOT a fan of LDS fiction, but a friend passed them on to me, and I quickly read them. I must say I was entertained, but she has some trully anoying things in her books. They were some parts thats were too preachy to fit in the topic of what was going on...that totally BUGS me. I think I will have to wait awhile before I attempt another LDS fiction, but on the flip side I think it was worth a read.

So whats next on the book list... I think the next book I am going to read is 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' It's by the same author of 'The Kite Runner' I have been wanting to read this book, but those of you who have read the kite runner would probably agree that two of his books in a row would definatly be overkill. My aunt just finished this book and loved it, so if anyone wants to read it when I do that would be awesome. I love discussing books when they are done.

1 comment:

Adam and Robyn said...

Hi! I think Anita Stansfield books were the first series of books that I read. You're right they are good, but can be over the top, my favorite one was one called "Towers of Brierley" I can't rermber if it has anything to do with Micheal or Emily, maybe it's Micheals ancestors or something it seems that her books are all connected somehow. Oh yeah, Love and Grace was a good one too. I would really love to read "Athousand Spendid Suns," but I haven't got over Kite Runner yet. I still need to see the movie too. So anyway you'll have to tell me if it's any good.