Friday, December 19, 2008

Wow, lots of Snow!




What a great week for bringing in the holiday spirit! We just keep getting snow, and I LOVE it. There is something about snow that just makes me want to make some hot chocolate and snuggle up! The first day it snowed my kids all grabbed bowls and spoons and ran out side to scoop up some snow. Kyler kept telling us he needed 'food' then he would go outside and scoop up more snow, then run inside to eat it or play with it. The older kids tried to fill there bathtub up with snow, so they could play in it without being as cold as they would be if they were outside.

The bowls of snow tradition started when I was young, I was in Primary Childrens Medical Center for a nice chunk of my youth, one time there was a snow storm, and all I wanted to do was play in the snow, but I was confined to my room. So a very nice male nurse went outside and filled up a pan (I think it was actually a bed pan) with snow and brought it in my room for me to play with, he also added some fun medical stuff like thermomator covers to use when I made a little snow man (the thermomator covers where my snowmans arms). I remember very vividly how happy I was to build my own snowman, and hence the tradition of playing with snow inside began. Of course my children don't know about me playing with snow in a hospital room, but they have always brought in little bowls of snow and made snowmen in the kitchen or gone for a larger snow creation in the bathtub. I think I will always be greatful to so many people who cared for me when I was in the hospital as a kid!

2 comments:

H and K Enloe said...

I remember you saying a while ago that you had a friend that could make you laugh all the time and you wished that you could be funny like that. Well every time that I read your blog I find myself laughing and smiling to myself because your personality totally comes out, and frankly, you crack me up! Have you started LOST yet? I hope that you like it. I have seasons 3 and 4 if you want to borrow them, when you get that far. Hope that you have a Merry Christmas!!

Adam and Robyn said...

I love the Snow in the bath tub, I'm going to have to introduce that one to my kids!