Friday, December 12, 2008

Book review

Joel gets home tonight...In a couple of hours, so I decided I had better get my book read and quick! We have so much to get done this weekend that I knew reading just wasn't going to fit in the schedule, and those of you who know me realize I can't start a book and not finish it....so I read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' it was a great book, for those of you who have read this Kite Runner, I will say that I only cried two times in this book. I think I cried about every chapter in The Kite Runner! It was a such a well written book, even thought I find myself googling different things when I read one of his books, like what is a burqa that the women wear or what does a pakol look like. Where there really budda statues built 1500 years ago (bamiyan) that the Taliban dystroyed? So I find myself being very poorly educated in the custom's and history or even current event of Afganistan when I read one of his books, yet I find myself wanting to know more. He writes in such a way that I always feel the loss of heaviness placed in his characters life, yet my life is at exact opposits to these characters, I find myself crying with them. I hope this book gets read by others! Thanks Teresa for the recomendation! PS I think I am going to watch the series Lost on DVD, so I may be on a reading break for a bit, but I'd love a referal for a great book when I'm done zoning out in front of the TV.

No comments: